WELCOME TO TRADE SECRETS
SAVE THE DATE
MAY 20th AND 21st, 2017
See you then!!
Welcome to Trade Secrets 2016
Welcome to Trade Secrets better known as the “northeast’s garden event of the year!” This spectacular two-day garden event brings legions of gardeners (along with Martha Stewart) to the Litchfield Hills of Connecticut every spring in support of a wonderful cause -- Women's Support Services (WSS). This year Trade Secrets Rare Plant and Garden Antiques Sale is on Saturday, May 14, at the lovely LionRock Farm in Sharon, CT., and the Extraordinary Garden Tour on Sunday, May 15.
The garden tour features four superb Litchfield Connecticut gardens including the signature garden of Trade Secrets founder, Bunny Williams and her husband, John Roselli – always a treat; Carolyne Roehm’s “Weatherstone”; Pat and Judy Murphy’s “Old Farm Nursery”; and the rarely viewed home garden of Michael Trapp.
On Saturday, Trade Secrets is hosting a special book signing to celebrate three new gardening books:
- “Outstanding American Gardens; A Celebration – 25 Years of the Garden Conservancy” edited by Page Dickey
- “At Home in the Garden” by Carolyne Roehm
- “The Art of Gardening: Design Inspiration and Innovative Planting Techniques” from Chanticleer
- "The Rooftop Growing Guide" by Annie Novak
- "The Plant Lovers Guide to Magnolias" by Andrew Bunting
- "Garden Revolution" by Thomas Christopher
We are excited to welcome to our Trade Secrets family some wonderful new vendors this year:
- The Sugarplum Antiques from Wilmot, NH
- Eastern Plants from Bath, ME
- Ashfield Tools from Ashfield, MA
- Churchill Building LLC from Lakeville, CT
Founded by Bunny Williams, Trade Secrets is the signature fundraiser for WSS of the Northwest Corner of Connecticut. The WSS mission is to create a community free of domestic violence and abuse through intervention, prevention and education by offering free, confidential, client-centered services focused on safety, support advocacy and community outreach.
What They’re Saying About Trade Secrets
“Here’s the real secret—and I think we should shout it from the roof tops—this lovely event, hosted by Elaine LaRoche at the magnificent LionRock Farm, fuels the tireless effort of Women’s Support Services to stop domestic violence in our community in all its insidious forms.
Matt Mattus, Growing with Plants